Bear Jaw Crew
WE ARE HIRING!
Assistant Crew Superintendent
The Bear Jaw Fire and Fuels Crew is accepting applications to establish an eligibility list for the position of Assistant Crew Superintendent. The Assistant Crew Superintendent will perform supervisory duties related to hazardous fuels reduction, fire prevention, public education, Rx and pile burns, fire suppression, and other activities that support the protection of life and property. This position is normally scheduled a 40 hour work week.
The ideal candidate will be a certified Crew Boss, Type 4 Incident Commander, qualified Task Force Leader or trainee, Firing Boss and EMT. The candidate will be experienced with crew management and be able to fully supervise the crew in the absence of the Crew supervisor. The candidate will be mission oriented and capable of carrying out the vision of the interagency fire and fuels program.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
- $23.76 – $31.55 per hour base rate ($49,420.80 – $65,618.61 annual equivalent)
- Fully paid health insurance for employee and family and health deductible reimbursement
- Fully paid dental insurance for employee and family
- $50,000 Life Insurance on employee
- Employee will be entered into the PSPRS retirement system
- U.S. Citizen, 18 years of age or older, High School Diploma or equivalent
- Valid Arizona Driver’s License upon date of hire
- National Coordinating Group(NWCG) certification at the Single Resource Boss(Crew Boss) and Type 4 Incident Commander
- Satisfactory 39 month Driving Record
- Minimum five years of specialized Wildland Fire Management experience
If you are interested in serving on the Bear Jaw Crew for the next Fire Season, please check back with us in January to apply.